Friday, January 3, 2014

Artist Series - Day 3: Brian Froud

Ok, I almost feel weird posting Brian Froud's artwork - basically every single artist friend I have will already know who he is, so I don't know how much I really need to share this...

On the other hand, he is one of my earliest influences.  Most people know he worked on a book called "Faeries", but many of you may not know that there was a cartoon based on that book.  In 1981, when I was five, I saw that cartoon at my grandparents' house, and it had a profound impact on me.  In 1982, I saw "The Dark Crystal", and between the two events, you can trace a lot of my love of fae, both the cute and the dark, squishy evil ones.

Obviously, Froud has a website:  http://www.worldoffroud.com/

You can find the old Faeries cartoon on youtube:  Faeries (Brian Froud animated special) Part one of three


Even though it's pretty much redundant, some of Froud's work that I love:




Finally, I am happy to say that I will be attending Illustration Master Class this summer, and Brian is going to be one of the instructors.  You have NO IDEA how psyched I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment